Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Facebook Drama!

Lately I have been a little bit disturbed. I have a friend on facebook that is not afraid to speak her mind. Lets call her Sally. A few days ago she was saying how people are bad parents for letting their kids who are under age 13 get a Facebook account. So she called them liars for letting the kids lie about their age. She upset quite a few people, and most of them were her family members.
Today she was saying how she hates her church ward for being so cheap and not supplying plates and utinsils at the ward party. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't kill her to buy a 5 cent fork and maybe a 10 cent plate! Any ward I have ever been in has always had everyone bring their own plates and utinsils! Also I was surprised she would publically discriminate against the church. Especially over something so small! I don't think that people really think of the effects of their words on there.
I shouldn't be judging her, but its really hard not to! I am no better than her if I go around saying bad things about her. I just wanted to know what everyone else would think about this situation.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think it is ridiculous that she would do that. I think sometimes people forget that FB is not a journal. I hate when people complain about their husbands or family or church etc on there. They never realize who is going to see that and how it is going to hurt. I know of some employers that get on to look at peoples accounts when hiring for a position just to see what kind of person they are. I am not perfect and I can often be found complaining about something. :)

I do now some people who set up FB accounts for their kids. It really kind of bothers me because these kids are 2 and 5 months old.

Rappleye Family said...

Hey! I tagged you on my blog if you get bored! I would love to learn more little quirks about you :)
P.S. I don't follow Facebook!! :( Sorry I am behind on the times!! ha ha